Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NN9VV81?th=1
What Does Thermal Printer Mean?
A thermal printer is a printer that makes use of heat in order to produce the image on paper.
Due to the quality of the print, speed, and technological advances it has become increasingly popular and is mostly used in airline, banking, entertainment, retail, grocery, and healthcare industries. Thermal printing does not make use of ink or toner unlike many other printing forms but largely depends on thermal papers for producing the images. They are also quite popular in creating labels owing to the speed of printing.
Advantages of Thermal printers:
1. No involvement of cartridges or ribbons and thus organizations can save investment by using thermal printers.
2. Easier to use as there are fewer buttons and use of software involved.
3. Popular in noise-free environments and are great for offices.
4. Largely inexpensive and come in various models and sizes.
5. More efficient and faster in printing monochromic ones compared to other forms of printing.
6. More durable compared to other printers.
Disadvantages of Thermal printers:
1. Unlike standard printers, thermal printers usually do not print out colors well.
2. If they become too heated to operate, the ink consumed would be more and the printing may not be precise.
3. Printhead could be harmed by the high heat used while printing, often resulting in a cost to repair when it breaks down.